Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bright House TV App Review

Photo Oct 30, 1 15 08 PM Bright House networks has launched live TV streaming app for the iPad.  This is basically the same app that was launched for Time Warner Cable. All though missing parental control.  You will need to be subscriber to a Bright House digital plan plus their internet service.  But then the application is free.  The reports are saying it is not working well for jail broken iPads.  Also the app is only working on you home Bright House network (i have not been able to test this).

Photo Oct 30, 1 16 04 PM My experience has been very good so far with the app.  There are up to 100 live cable channels available.  The streaming quality is very good.  There are really no features such as pause or the ability to watch previous shows.  Nor can it talk to your DVR to make changes.  This is strictly for streaming the available channels. If you are a subscriber to Bright House digital plans I would recommend this app since it is free.  But I would not think this would warrant an upgrade to your plan or changing services to get this app.

1 comment:

Nicole_Tee said...

Too bad the app still hasn’t reached the full potential of TV everywhere the way DISH Network’s DISH Remote Access app achieved for their subscribers over a year ago. I fell in love with the technology when we first started testing the product at my job with DISH Network. Not only do I have access to all of the LIVE programming I normally pay for, but I also have complete control of my DVR and the ability to watch my entire DVR collection on a whim. I have the ability to watch all of this on my Android or my iPad2 as long as I’m somewhere with access to Wi-Fi or mobile 3G network.