Throughout 2011, we have downloaded numerous apps and have played many games here at MuchoiPad. Surely, there have been a few that we have missed; there are only so many hours in a day! Recently there have been some very popular games that have been released, and we can’t wait to review them! As for the games and apps that we have downloaded, a top 10 list is below. The games are listed in no particular order.
Games:

Order & Chaos - This is still in my opinion one of the most ambitious games on the iPad. The scope and size are extremely impressive! Gameloft basically cloned and shrunk down one of the most popular MMOs and made it versatile for mobile gaming. I am drawn to this game and I have a feeling that it will draw me into a subscription for a long time to come. The graphics are impressive and the controls work perfectly. Bottom line is that this is fun to level with your friends.

Dead Space - This is one of the best looking games on the iPad in terms of graphic and effect. Not only that this game is fun but the story mode is long and will have you jumping with fear! With updates that throw in additional modes and ways to earn some money, downloading this game is a no brainer to me. If you like survival horror shooters, you will love surely enjoy playing this game.

Infinity Blade 2 - I enjoyed the original Infinity Blade so much, I was surprised at how the sequel has gotten even bigger and better! With more enemies, more locations, and just more to do, this game had no problem making the top ten list! If you want people to see what kind of graphics this compact piece of tech can do this, this game is up to the challenge.

Scribblenauts Remix - I apologize to all of the puzzle fans, as my list is lacking a comprehensive reviews of good puzzle games. Perhaps 2012 will yield more reviews on puzzle apps! Scribble Naughts, however, made this list without exerting very much effort. While it is short and lacks a bunch of replay value, it compensates with plain fun and creativity! I think this game is great and sincerely hope more levels are released soon!
Shadowgun - As for shooters, this game stands out in the graphics department. While it is relatively short and lacks content to bring you back, it is easy to overlook these flaws when you are in awe and mesmerized by the graphics! I know that I had a hard time believing what I was seeing on a mobile device! With promised expansion and multi-player options, I would highly recommend this game.
Apps:

Feedly - This is a very good news feed reader that's syncs to Google Reader. What is impressive about this app is the ability to display the news feeds in a nice, graphical view. It is kind of a cross of a standard news reader and Flipboard. There is some really nice gesture controls and does a good job of syncing with Google.

Twitter - There are some lovers and haters with the new official Twitter app. But I’m a lover due to the interface, ease of use and aesthetics. The cool blades that swipe in and out work perfectly. If you are into tweeting, this app will make the process easy and enjoyable!

Downcast - Now this app may have been released prior to 2011, but it made the list since I just discovered it. This, by far, is one of my most used apps. If you like podcasts and video podcasts, look no further because this app has it all! The most appreciated feature is the fact that I no longer have to sync with iTunes to get m podcasts as a result of this app. Overall, the customization is astounding, which may be one of the reasons that it is one of my favored apps!
Zite - I am news feed junky, but sometimes I like an app that goes out and finds news for me. Zite is a news app that is aesthetically appealing and is able to be personally customized with your specific preferences! Also as you read more, you are able to depict items you like and items that you don’t like. As it learns your preferences, the accuracy will increase and it will yield more of the news you want. Based on the fact that it is free, I cannot recommend a more comprehensive app.

Splashtop - I love breaking out my iPad and show some one that I am running windows on it. Splashtop is a remote desktop app that is simple, cheap, and works great. It has may features, such as google account sync to be able to discover you desktop even if you you have a dynamic dns and don't want to have to mess with ips. Also there are features that automatically change the resolution to match the iPad, and change the display to be able to stream video better. Install the desktop app on as many computers as you need.
Please feel free to name some of your favorite apps and what criteria make them your favorite!
Games:
Order & Chaos - This is still in my opinion one of the most ambitious games on the iPad. The scope and size are extremely impressive! Gameloft basically cloned and shrunk down one of the most popular MMOs and made it versatile for mobile gaming. I am drawn to this game and I have a feeling that it will draw me into a subscription for a long time to come. The graphics are impressive and the controls work perfectly. Bottom line is that this is fun to level with your friends.
Dead Space - This is one of the best looking games on the iPad in terms of graphic and effect. Not only that this game is fun but the story mode is long and will have you jumping with fear! With updates that throw in additional modes and ways to earn some money, downloading this game is a no brainer to me. If you like survival horror shooters, you will love surely enjoy playing this game.
Infinity Blade 2 - I enjoyed the original Infinity Blade so much, I was surprised at how the sequel has gotten even bigger and better! With more enemies, more locations, and just more to do, this game had no problem making the top ten list! If you want people to see what kind of graphics this compact piece of tech can do this, this game is up to the challenge.
Scribblenauts Remix - I apologize to all of the puzzle fans, as my list is lacking a comprehensive reviews of good puzzle games. Perhaps 2012 will yield more reviews on puzzle apps! Scribble Naughts, however, made this list without exerting very much effort. While it is short and lacks a bunch of replay value, it compensates with plain fun and creativity! I think this game is great and sincerely hope more levels are released soon!
Apps:
Feedly - This is a very good news feed reader that's syncs to Google Reader. What is impressive about this app is the ability to display the news feeds in a nice, graphical view. It is kind of a cross of a standard news reader and Flipboard. There is some really nice gesture controls and does a good job of syncing with Google.
Twitter - There are some lovers and haters with the new official Twitter app. But I’m a lover due to the interface, ease of use and aesthetics. The cool blades that swipe in and out work perfectly. If you are into tweeting, this app will make the process easy and enjoyable!
Downcast - Now this app may have been released prior to 2011, but it made the list since I just discovered it. This, by far, is one of my most used apps. If you like podcasts and video podcasts, look no further because this app has it all! The most appreciated feature is the fact that I no longer have to sync with iTunes to get m podcasts as a result of this app. Overall, the customization is astounding, which may be one of the reasons that it is one of my favored apps!
Splashtop - I love breaking out my iPad and show some one that I am running windows on it. Splashtop is a remote desktop app that is simple, cheap, and works great. It has may features, such as google account sync to be able to discover you desktop even if you you have a dynamic dns and don't want to have to mess with ips. Also there are features that automatically change the resolution to match the iPad, and change the display to be able to stream video better. Install the desktop app on as many computers as you need.
Please feel free to name some of your favorite apps and what criteria make them your favorite!
1 comment:
Thanks, I've been looking for a new puzzle game. I'm enjoying this scribblenauts one you recommended. One day i'll venture down the bloody game path...
Post a Comment