Friday, February 3, 2012

Shadow Gun iPad Game review.

SHADOWGUNShadow Gun is a 3rd person action shooter.  The big claim to fame for this game is its graphics and it will not let you down.  Lets talk about how the rest of it holds up.

 

Story:Photo Feb 02, 9 39 27 AM
The story for Shadow Gun is some what forgettable.  You are a mercenary that is hired to stop and take something from an evil scientist.  Now there are some choices that you can make in the game but I can’t figure out how it changes the story or gamplay at all.

Game Play:
Shadow Gun plays quite well for a third person shooter on the iPad.  It has been heavily influenced by a little game call “Gears of War”.  The protagonist feels heavy and life like when controlling him.  I will say this is one of the best 3rd/1st person controlled games I have played on the iPad.  There are a few short falls like there is no mealy so i recommend not getting to close to the enemy.  Also even though it is easy to get into cover sometimes it feels like  you stick a little to much.

Photo Feb 02, 9 39 44 AMGraphics and Sound:
If you have heard anything about this game it most likely is about how the graphics looks like console graphics.  I do have to agree with this.  The more I play they more i am amazed what they were able to pull off in the game.  Your eyes will not grow tiered of looking at this game.  This is the game that I keep to show my gaming friends why you should buy an iPad and not some other handheld gaming system.  Now they just released a copy of this game for the new Asus Transformer Prime the first quad-core tablet.  They have thrown in some new effects like realistic water and it does not pretty nice.  But you will not be disappointed by the iPad version.


Lasting Appeal:
The game is pretty short I would say there is about 4 to 5 hours of gameplay but they have just released a patch that included some new missions that should extend the game for another couple hours.  So if they keep this up it will be well worth the price.  Now we are just waiting for some multi-player action.Photo Feb 02, 9 41 37 AM


Final Thoughts:
I believe I have said this before but i don't finish many games on the ipad but this is one that I kept picking up till i finished.  But all said and done with the ho-hum story and action getting kind of repetitive I always wanted more.  This is a recommend in my book.

iTunes $4.99

Muchipad.com finial score:

Story 7
Gameplay 9
Graphics 10
Lasting Appeal 8
Final Score 8.25

No comments: