My favorite feature of Orb is streaming live video from my TV tuner card in my PC. I love the ability to catch that game when I am out and about.
You can also stream your content to any computer through a web browser at mycast.orb.com .
The App in the App store will cost you $9.99 for the iPad. The application installed on your computer is free.
Pros:
- Stream Live TV from TV Tuner Card on computer.
- Stream many different file formats.
- Interface easy to use.
- Setup very easy to get going.
- Stream through any web browser.
- Set up TV recording through the App.
- Watch Internet Video.
- TV Guide to show whats on.
Cons:
- Pricey for an App. (If you have a TV tuner in your computer much cheaper then slingbox).
- Video takes to long to load. (Live TV took the longest at well over 1 minute to load)
- Interface just a blown up iPhone interface. (it's kind of ugly)
- Sometimes video can be unstable. (May be my very old PC)
- Still sends video to the cloud even if on the same network.
I would say if you own a computer with a TV tuner built in and you use it to record your shows this would be the app for you. The reviews are pretty harsh on the AppStore but I don't have the problems most are having with it. I have been using Orb for many years now and very glad to have an iPad app now.


No comments:
Post a Comment