Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fruit Ninja iPad Game Review

Fruit Ninja is a reaction based fruit slicing game.  Sound fun?  Well for $2.99 turns out it is.  



Game Play:
You use your finger to swipe across the screen to slice the fruit on the screen.  You can use multiple fingers or hands to accomplish this.  The fun part about this game is how accurate and simple the game play is.

Graphics and Sound:
The graphics are simple but great.  All the fruit slice in two and squirt all over the background.  I cant explain why watching fruit being sliced is so enjoyable but it’s a joy.  The backgrounds are kind of bland with just a wooden look to them.  The blade effects are really nice.  From the fire blade that smokes as you swipe to the butterfly blade that emits butterflies.  They are all really nice.

Lasting Appeal:
There are three game modes in single player they are all fun but my favorite is Arcade Mode.  Classic is where you go as long as you can without missing to many fruit or hitting a bomb.  Zen and Arcade are time based so they are good for a quick pickup and play session.  There is also multi-player that works wonderfully.  Play two different modes Zen Duel or Classic Attack.  You can play this on the same iPad or online.  But I think the fun comes in when you are trying to earn new blades and backgrounds.  There are many different challenges to complete to unlock them all.

Final Thoughts:
I have played way more of this game then I thought I would have.  I keep coming back to beat my friends score in Game Center.  I am really trying to unlock all the cool blades.  If I need a quick break to relieve some stress I always can slice some fruit.

Muchipad.com finial score:


Storyn/a
Game play9
Graphics & Sound7
Lasting Appeal7
Final Score7.6666

No comments: