Temple Run 2 is a follow up of the smash mobile hit Temple Run. With over 170 million downloads
Temple Run is one of the top downloaded mobile game. With new graphics, power ups, achievements,
special powers is this enough to come back to the original runner?
Story: No story I know with temple run but I like to think it has something to do with Indiana Jones.
Game Play: If you have played Temple Run or one of its many clones you know what to expect. It justuses the swiping to
jump, duck or turn. Only other mechanic is lean, when other clones have added new
ones like tap to shoot a bow & arrow or slash a whip. The game play still comes down to the same as it’s
predecessor. Go as far as you can and collect as many coins as possible. Now there are more power ups
that keep the game going.
Graphics & Sound: The graphics are much improved over the original Temple Run. It is now using the
Unity engine they have been able to add things that were not possible in the other Temple Run like hills,
valleys, mine carts, and rope slides. There seems to be much more verity in the graphics. When first
coming across a waterfall I really could tell the difference in the graphics. The sound in the game is not
changed as much; but that is not a terrible thing. You can grow tiered of the tribal beats, so mostly play
with the sound off.

Lasting Appeal: If you are still playing Temple Run it is time to delete it and download Temple Run 2. I
am not the biggest fan the runner games; but I do understand their quick pick up and play, easy game
play’s appeal. Now with Objectives to help you level up and more upgrades you can purchase there is a
good reason to keep this one your iOS device for a bit. If you have found another you like better (Pitfall)
you may feel like passing, but I say give it a try.
Final Thoughts: I can only have so many runner games on my iPad. I currently have Brave, Pitfall, and
now Temple Run 2, is this too many? If you liked Temple Run before you will like Temple Run 2. Give it
a try and let me know what you think.
.png)
Score:
Game Play 6
Graphics & Sound 7
Lasting Appeal 6
Final Score 6.3

No comments:
Post a Comment