Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Infinity Blade Review for iPad


I was sceptical going into this game with the mixed reviews I have been reading.  But I was very pleasantly surprised when I did buy the game mainly just to really check out the graphics.  The game was fun and addictive.



Story:
The story begins with a worrier that must battle his way through the Dark Citadel to his final battle the evil God King.  Other then that the story is not very extensive.  But no worries if the God King kills you because in 22 years your Son with all your skills you have acquired will carry on to try and defeat the God King.  










Game Play:

Game play is pretty straight forward there is no real in game movement you click the flashing icon to move to your next opponent or objective.  The battle is where it all happens.  Your options are to doge, deflect incoming attacks, use magic or special skill.  Basically you have to doge or deflect incoming attacks a few times till your opponent leaves an opening for you to attack.  The battles stay pretty fresh because there are many different foes you will fight that have different fighting styles that will keep you on your toes.  The game play is not real deep but it has drawn me in and wanting to get to my next battle.




Graphics & Sound:
Ok this is where this game really shines.  Epic games designed this game using the Unreal Engine and you can tell they really took their time here.  I am still amazed that this game is running on an iPad.  I really think with the amount of polygons and quality of textures this game almost looks like it could be running on a console.  I wish there was a little more freedom one where you can go so I could explore the areas more.  This game will become the game that you show off the graphic power of the iPad.  Not to mention that all the collectibles in the game really change the way your character looks and looks great.




Lasting Appeal:
Ok i bought the game for the graphics, i thought game play was pretty fun, but i keep playing to because of the wonderful upgrades you can do in this game.  When a game gets this right it can be like crack trying to get to the next level.  There are a bunch weapons, armor, magic rings, and shields you can collect and master.  It is tied to game center so you can compare your scores with friends.  But there isn't any online play.  Also the makers Char Entertainment Group has also added more enemies to fight  and more items to collect with the last update.  I hope the updates keep coming.



Summary:
Like I said I bought this game because I knew the graphics were awesome but I keep playing because its fun and addictive.  I would highly recommend this game to any fighting fan.  Plus this really gets me excited to see more games to come out using the Unreal Engine.

No comments: