Ipad App Angry Birds Review
Let me start of by saying this review may not be looked upon favorably. But after my review I will post some other reviews so you can see there are different opinions on this game.
Story:
Well not much of a story here but it does have some cute cut scenes that do draw you in.
From what I can gather is there are some birds minding their own business and along come some hungry pigs
that think the bird’s eggs will make a tasty treat. After the pigs steal the bird’s eggs the birds go into a flinging frenzy to take out those pigs and get their eggs back.
that think the bird’s eggs will make a tasty treat. After the pigs steal the bird’s eggs the birds go into a flinging frenzy to take out those pigs and get their eggs back.
Here is where I have my biggest problem with this game. You will need to launch your bird from a slingshot at the pigs and their structures to cause as much damage as possible to squash those pigs. Different birds have different powers for example, standard red birds do moderate amount of damage to everything, yellow triangle birds can get an extra speed boost to break through wood but not good for glass and concrete,
you have the black bomb birds that explode they are good at taking out concrete, and many more. My problem is I have a hard time being accurate and it really is a lot of trial and error. So it really may take you 10 or more tries to beat that one level you are having problems with. But in that inaccuracy comes dumb luck and that is where I believe some find their fun.
you have the black bomb birds that explode they are good at taking out concrete, and many more. My problem is I have a hard time being accurate and it really is a lot of trial and error. So it really may take you 10 or more tries to beat that one level you are having problems with. But in that inaccuracy comes dumb luck and that is where I believe some find their fun.
Graphics & Sound:
The graphics in this game are wonderful cartoony fun. The animations the birds make when smashing into stuff is great but my favorite is how the pigs get beat up when they get hit but not smashed. It’s not a heavily graphic game but you can tell it has a lot of polish for a cartoony game. The sound in this game is great you will love hearing the birds soar through the air smash in to the pigs with a grunt. The music is catchy but can get a little repetitive but it’s not to over powering to enjoy.
Lasting appeal:
I do keep going back to this game but struggle to keep my interest up. I believe it is from the frustration of just lack of precision maybe it’s just me. To keep people interested Clickgamer has continuously added new levels to Angry Birds there are now 255 levels. The other thing that can keep you busy is trying to 3 star all the levels. You get more stars by getting more points you get the most points by taking out all the pigs with the least amount of birds used. I have abandoned getting 3 star levels due to the difficulty I was having just beating the levels. But other games like cut the rope had me hooked until if finished 3 staring all levels. I plan on finishing one day but not sure how long that will take.
Summary:
This is a game that you should try I think most people will love this game due to the qute cartoons and how easy it is to just pickup and play (just don’t expect to be accurate). I personally get frustrated when I just can’t get past a level and sometimes it just seems like dumb luck when I do get past that hard level. I like a little more precision in my games that this lacks. But I do love those Angry Birds and the Pigs. Plus it does make for a fun game to pass around to the whole family.
Official Mucho Ipad
6 Story
9 Game Play
8 Graphics
8 Lasting Appeal
7.75 Grand Total
6 Story
9 Game Play
8 Graphics
8 Lasting Appeal
7.75 Grand Total
Other Reviews:
PadGadget Reviews Angry Birds and gave a score of 4 ½ out of 5 stars.
IpadNewsDaily Reviews Angry Birds and gives a 4 out of 4 stars.
My Angry Birds Video Review
No comments:
Post a Comment